What is Panchakarma?
Panchakarma (five actions) is a 5 day detoxification program tailored to individual’s needs for self-healing. Panchakarma helps the body release blockages and move the ama (toxins) out of the body’s tissues restoring elemental health. Below lists several of PK’s benefits.
- Panchakarma brings the body, mind, and consciousness to a state of balance
- Eliminates toxins and toxic conditions from your body and mind
- Reverses the negative effects of stress on your body and mind
- Increases your energy, strength, and vitality
- Slows the aging process down
- Implements positive lifestyle change
The purpose of these treatments is to profoundly relax the body and mind, improve the flow of energy by opening the channels of circulation, and to prepare the body to eliminate excess toxins (ama) on the physical, emotional, and spiritual levels.
- A typical Panchakarma session begins with an Ayurvedic Consultation for a half hour, which continues into the clients choose of a yogic practice, pranayama session, education on food, spices, or recipes.
- Then the clients therapy session begins with an Abhyanga, which is an Ayurvedic warm oil massage with 2 therapists working simultaneously. Marma Chikitsa is incorporated into your daily abhyanga. Pressure is applied to the vital healing points affecting the organs and subtle channels of the body.
- Next is “Swedan” a therapeutic sweat, which is done in a steam box with essential oils. Swedana dilates the channels of the body to increase circulation, further loosening and removing impurities through the skin and gastrointestinal tract.
- Then each day the client receives and alternative treatment tailored to their specific needs. Such as Chakra Balancing using color and sound therapy to fully integrate and charge the energetic system of the body which accelerates the healing process and allows for deep emotional healing and remove any associated physical blocks.
- Another traditional treatment is Netra Basti. A dough ring is applied around the client’s eyes and then filled with warm ghee to fully saturate the eye. This process nourishes and relaxes the optic nerves to soothe the entire nervous system to promote mental clarity.
- Clients may also receive other traditional Ayurvedic treatments to alleviate back pain, heart openings, or skin therapies.
- Lastly the client receives a Shirodhara (often thought of as the Queen of all the Ayurvedic treatments), in which a stream of warm oil is continuously pored onto the third eye to calm the mind and expand consciousness. Shirodhara activates the pituitary gland and can balance the hormonal system. In addition, this treatment has the added effect of awakening the third eye and stimulating cognitive memories to remove any unwanted thought patterns. Plus, helps with insomnia.
Panchakarma Program: per day: $410.00
Each program is tailored for the client’s current state and constitution.
The basic 3-7 day program consists of a daily check-in consultation and 3+ hours of treatments.
Our clients are typically with us from 10 am – 1:30 pm each day.
Initial Consultation: $180.00
Please schedule your Panchakarma appointment several months in advance to secure the dates you desire.